Monday, January 23, 2012

A trip to the dentist

Today I had the lovely pleasure of going to the dentist. I am trying to say that in the most non-sarcastic way that I can. See I haven't been to the dentist in about 3ish years. Save last month went I went in and had one of my baby teeth pulled because it was abscessed and infected. I have grown up with 4 baby teeth (3 now ) that didn't have adult teeth under them. And it hadn't been a problem. Until the last year or so when one of them kept getting infected :/

So I went in today with every intention of getting a cleaning and figuring out a plan of starting the process of getting an implant for my tooth. And then after a million X-rays and high tech pictures of my teeth he looks at me and tells me that I should consider doing another round of braces to straighten my teeth back up before we do the implant. His concern is that if I don't do that before the implant once I get it in it won't look right with my teeth moved.

I can just see the money flying out the window! :( Braces, let alone all these cleanings are very expensive. I have very decent dental coverage. But what the heck?!? This wasn't really what I expected when I went in today. I was thinking get this taken care of soon. I don't really want a hole in my mouth for over a year. So now I have a referral to my orthodontist from when I had braces almost 20 years ago to see how long it would take and how much it would cost to do it.

Not exactly in my plan this year? But the wax for my hands and warm neck roll and massage chair might make up for it a few times a year ;)

Food note :) I tried corn spaghetti tonight and I have to say it wasn't bad :0) I don't think I let it cook long enough? It was still kinda hard,but taste wise was good enough to eat again :) I might see about the rice spaghetti? I don't know which one would have less carbs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.