Saturday, January 21, 2012

3 weeks and not quitting

I have officially made it through 3 weeks of this lifestyle change! I just had to look at the calendar to make sure :) You see 3 weeks is usually when I throw in the towel and give up. But not this time. I can't. I won't.

But it's the truth. I don't know what it is about making it past week 3. And the fact that I am doing this pretty much on my own. I really haven't stayed too far from the diet. I still have my 1/2 c milk in my coffee, and I still eat peanut butter. I think the gluten change has been the hardest thing to change just because gluten seems to be used in almost every canned item out there. I mean in a can of freaking tomato soup there is gluten. Or cream of chicken. Or boxed rice. It just makes preparation much harder. But I have taken the time to do it. I have still had more potatoes than I should probably. And I can so tell tonight. I am hungrier than I should be 3 hours after eating a meal. And I figure it's the mashed potatoes that I had at dinner. And I had a small spoonful of boxed rice the other night because time got away and I didn't make any plan rice.

I am still trying to figure out how to not eat the same thing all the time and get bored of it.  I don't think I am supposed to be having brown rice every day for lunch. But for crying out loud. I have hardly been able to get 1000 calories in and I have to be sensible about this. I can't starve myself. I have to be able to eat. So I am trying to find a balance in it all.

But a 10 pound weight loss proves it is working :) 10 pounds and I still have one more weigh in for the month of January. I say that's an excellent accomplishment for one month :) If I lose at least 10 pounds a month I will be down 120 pounds at the end of December.

And that would be a good place for me to be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.