Saturday, January 28, 2012

Birthday cheatings

Alright. So yeah. It's my birthday. And I did cheat a little today. But nothing too horrible or overboard! I decided that since it was my birthday I would have a little myfroyo. That's our local frozen yogurt shop where you buy the yogurt and then fit all the toppings you would never throw on your frozen yogurt at home into a little or big bowl and then pay for it by the ounce place. I might be the only one on the face of the earth who can walk in and spend $1.43 on less than 4 oz of frozen yogurt and be happy about it :) That's one of the things I am technically not supposed to be having because of the candida diet. I figured the yogurt would be better than ice cream and I had cake batter since it was my birthday :) 

The other thing I had was half of a Hawaiian Sweet Roll. First piece of bread in almost a month. And I was a good girl and only ate half of the roll. :) I wanted the whole thing. But I held back.

Because...

I knew I was making cookies for my small group after church tomorrow :) And I am going to be sneaky and sneak some gluten free cookies in. And then not tell them until after they eat them :)*insert evil laugh now* We have had this gluten free cake mix box sitting in our cupboard since my sister thought that she might be allergic to gluten. Once her test came back negative, it has just sat in the cupboard. So when I knew I was making dessert for group, I started looking for some gluten free cookies to make, and I found one that used the cake mix that we had in the cupboard. I mean seriously. How convenient is that? And the good news is they actually turned out ok! They are quite crumbly. I don't believe there is enough moisture in the batter. But they are definitely worth a repeat make. Not something I would do all the time, because they are still pretty high in sugar. But for a once in a while treat I could have them. I would just add some almond extract to the batter and it would be yummy!

I am pretty happy that I have found some gluten free stuff that I would like to continue to eat. I am not interested in changing my whole life around and buying all this expensive food because I can't eat wheat anymore. And I most certainly am not going to make my entire family do it. That would just be too expensive.

But I could tell that my stomach was acting up a bit, and I feel like I might have a little bit of heartburn. Which I hardly ever have :( So I know I overdid it today. But I do have to say I am happy with the way I ate today. I didn't overdo it to the point of being soooo stuffed. I made my meatballs gluten free, which I think worked pretty well. I probably had too many potatoes. But I didn't have too many other carbs today. So yeah.

It was a pretty nice low key birthday today. So hello 31. I am expecting you to be quite the amazing year. And I expect you to live up to that expectation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.