Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Couch to 5K Training

Otherwise known as C25K. You know. It promises that in 8 weeks that you will go from sitting on your couch to running a 5k, or 3.1 miles. I did this last year with a bit of success ;) Well I managed through it until about week 6 when I ditched it and ran a mile. And then ran two miles. And then ran 3.1 miles. In about 65 minutes? I think? And they say on the program that you are supposed to run a 5k in 30 minutes. What I really would like to say isn't Christian ;) So I will keep that thought to myself.

Back to today! I had decided that I was going to go to my Grandparent's house and use their treadmill to start my C25K since there is still snow and ice all over and I am not running outside. And it's not freezing in their basement. It actually ended up being warm! But as I was standing on the treadmill my uncle went to show me how it worked, and he flipped up the switch to turn the speed up. Nothing.  Oh great! I broke the treadmill before I even got started! We spent the next half hour hilariously flipping all the breakers in the house to find out which one had flipped, before I finally moved it over to a different plug. He eventually found the right breaker, but really I just thought it was funny. I got over there, got all dressed, and on the machine and the power doesn't work? Nope. Not going to stop me.

The one thing that almost stopped me was that my music quit playing after 3 songs in the new app I just got. So he was still talking to me telling me when to run and when to walk, but my music never came back. Kinda irritating. But whatever. I guess I will see what happens next time I use it?

I do have to say, I think the training is definitely harder on my knees on the treadmill then if I was actually running outside. I am pretty sure I will be running outside again soon, but for the next couple weeks I will probably stick to inside just for weather's sake.

My exercise schedule is going to look like T/Th/S doing the C25K, and M/W/F doing the bike when we get it put together. And Sundays are going to be rest days unless I get up early and get a workout in before church. Lots to do on Sundays with church, and usually a couple of church meetings, plus I will have to cook food for the next weeks lunches :)

Weigh in day tomorrow! I am off to bed so I can get a good nights sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.