Thursday, January 5, 2012

harder day

Today was so much mentally harder. I almost freaked myself out this morning! Oh my gosh! I have to eat meat and vegetables for the rest of my life! And I don't like meat and vegetables!!!! I mean I have literally taken almost every single thing out of my diet that I used to eat. Let's see. I left the eggs, chicken, brown rice, and salad. EVERYTHING else, I am either supposed to stop eating entirely or eat only 1-2 times a week.

I mean Can I just die right now? Seriously? I guess you are what you eat is coming to light. Years and years and years of high carb high carb is coming back to bite me. I mean yes for the most part I feel a ton better. I mean I had gotten it figured out last year that I was intolerant to gluten if not allergic to it. But I am, was a bread girl! My diet consisted of everything bread. It wasn't uncommon for me to be eating 6 pieces of bread a day. And it's just so easy to eat a sandwich! I could eat it on the go. Now I actually have to think out a meal and prepare it a head of time most likely. Otherwise I will not be succeeding at all. Prep work and menu planning is CRUCIAL.

And sugar was my middle name. oh geez. without knowing it, I consumed a lot through out the day. Cinnamon sugar toast in the morning, pb and honey sandwich for lunch, milk throughout the day and ice cream at night. And almost every thing has some sort of hidden sugar in it. So to try to cut it out almost completely has been hard. I'm not quite ready to give up my coffee yet. It's the only milk and sugar I have during the day. Now if I had to find something else for breakfast than an apple, I could probably do that..but man. my coffee. not yet :/

true confessions of a recovering sugar/carb addict :0)

--------------
breakfast latte, hard boiled egg, apple
lunch romaine lettuce, chicken, brown rice
dinner 2 sausage links, fried potatoes, green beans
snacks 3 tsp pb

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.