Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's a New Year!

Today marks the official start of my no sugar/no gluten/no dairy mark to figure out if my body is really allergic to yeast or not. And what do I do? Eat sour cream in my dinner. Whoops. I will make sure that doesn't happen again!

I could tell it immediately when I woke up this morning. The difference. So like many diets before I had "my lasts" yesterday. My last glass of milk, my last pizza, my last velveeta dip with tortilla chips and fritos.My last bowl of ice cream. And by the time I went to bed I felt horrible. And still today. I was puffy and bloated this morning when I got up. And then the headache started. Now I know that while you are cutting things out like this that there will be a "die-off" stage. And it's a lot like being sick. So I am expecting to not feel all that hot for the first week or so. So I am determined to push through. But man. I started the no sugar thing earlier in the week. So I could really tell when I had it. And even the creamer that I got for my coffee has been too sweet. I mean for real. My body has decided that it hates the sugar already? Geez that was quick.

It's a lot of work to eat this way. Tonight I had to actually think and prep out what I want for meals for the next week. Since I won't be able to eat at work with the kids anymore unless they are eating salad, I have to start taking my own lunches. And I also had to come up with something to eat for breakfast too. Ugg. That is going to be the hardest meal of the day. The majority of breakfast food is carbs. oh joy.

So I do believe that this is a good change. I am ready for it. I am ready to see my body actually change in a good way. As soon as the die-off stage is done!

-------------------------
Breakfast: small apple, tsp pb, half of homemade coffee
Lunch: salad, beans and corn, roast beef slices, small handful of fritos
Dinner: Ritz chicken (minus ritz), small handful of fritos
snack, small handful of fritos, , half of iced kicker from dutch bros
*8 cups of water*

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.