Sunday, May 18, 2014

Was that supposed to be a weekend?

Oh boy...I'm totally going to regret this bedtime when it's time to wake up for work tomorrow..but oh well..I've been dong it all weekend!

We spent the weekend packing. Well minus getting my haircut and going to church ;) I am pretty close to being mostly packed. I have one more actual box to pack and then I think everything else is going in a suitcase. I'm pretty much down to only having clothes and toiletries and linens unpacked. Well shoes too. ;) But I'm not planning on buying any more boxes. I don't think I will be needing them. I think I can fit whatever else I have into my variety of suitcases or if all else fails a garbage bag. I am certainly not opposed to that. I think now that I'm mostly done I am not feeling so anxious about the move. I at least have a good idea of how much stuff I have. I have a few small tubs that I didn't end up putting in boxes..It seems kind of silly to do that to me..and since they are small they could fit in a smaller spot if I needed them too. I guess I have a couple pictures that didn't fit into the box either..but I will make sure they are bubble wrapped well and take them that way....I'm not really going to buy an extra large box for 3 pictures.

 I think I'm going to end up with 12 boxes..of stuff that I packed here. Now let me just mention here that these are 10 small boxes, 1 medium, and 1 large. So that's gotta count for something right? But I still don't remember how many boxes and tubs I have in our current storage unit that I need to move over to mine. I want to say I have close to 8. But 3 of them are Christmas tubs that I'm going to go through and weed out. I'm interested to see all of my stuff in one area. I know there are a couple of things I won't be putting in the storage. I don't want the keyboard or guitar staying in there, so they are going to stay at my mom's house.

And we actually got a lot of the rest of the house packed up as well...it just doesn't even look like we made a dent! :/ But after Tuesday we are going to start hauling things over. I swore I wasn't going to move like this again. I hate the idea of it taking the next 4 weeks to move! But we have someone is actually going to clean both houses..the one they are moving into and the one we are moving out of! All for $400! Sounded great to us not to have to clean either house so we went with it! The only thing we will really have to clean is the windows..and that doesn't take too long at all.

The great thing right now is that I can actually walk around in my room..that wasn't possible on Friday..so I'd say I made progress this weekend!

15 more days of work! The end is rapidly approaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.