Saturday, May 17, 2014

I think I overestimated a tiiiiiny bit...

Well. I now have 9 boxes packed...I really was hoping I was only going to need about 10 boxes total. I guess I failed on that one..And I will be taking more than I thought.

Or I might just have more stuff than I thought ;)

Either way, I'm not done packing....at all...

And being the dork that I am...I am trying to keep everything together that needs to be there. Like all the books, or all the Christmas stuff..I thought I had all my pictures in one box and thew some light stuff on top and taped it up only to turn around and find more pictures...I keep finding things that I wanted in a certain box and then I forget them. Oh well. Haha..Life must go on. Oh and me and the bubble wrap are friends. I wrapped ALL of my pictures in bubble wrap this time. Last time we moved I did not, and most of my frames ended up with dings and scratches in them :( I don't want that to happen this time. I maaay have gone a little overboard..but they are well protected.

I'm still trying to find the balance of what to take and what to leave. I really want my bookshelf but I have a feeling that I'm not going to be able to move it well or have space for it..So I might not take it. I like it because I have less dusting to do, because my things were behind a glass ;) But I also know that I will probably be moving more often in my future, and I want things that are easily portable..and that is not. So now I'm thinking I'm probably not going to take it. I might just buy some cheap bookcases and stack them once I get to Redding. Or I might even put them back on shelves in a room..I don't know.

It's hard to plan for the unknown. I don't have a job yet. I don't have a place to live yet. I don't know who I am living with. Or if it will be an unfurnished or a furnished place. Or how much space I will have to call my own. But I know it's time to go. To follow after a piece of my heart that has just been quietly waiting. Waiting for the time to say Follow me. It's time. If you had asked me in December if I was going to be moving to California in 2014 I would have told you no. I was going to stay and finish my degree first. Flash forward to the end of January and all my plans had changed. My life had changed. I had to decide whether or not I was going to in fact Go. Or stay and not listen to my heart. It's a super big change after 33 years of living in the same place to up and move to the unknown. Thankfully I have a few friends in Redding that I know..But I'm going alone. I'm not taking anyone with me and I'm not moving down there to be with anyone specific. So it's absolutely a stretch.

But I'm ready for this adventure. I think it's finally hitting me. It's my time. It's my turn. I get to be the one going instead of watching my friends go.

And I don't even have Gandalf to go with me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.