Sunday, May 4, 2014

May the Fourth be with you...

Now that the obligatory Star Wars joke is out of the way....

At church today we continued on with the bake sale and I came home with another 76 dollars. I'm actually quite shocked that my little church was that generous with their money when they had no idea I was doing a bake sale :) Bad planning on my part but it worked. I need about 400 more dollars for my trip this summer. I am sooooo close :0) There are other things I need to...like my car to get fixed..but I know that will come...

It's been a really hard season. I really thought that I was coming out of all the crap..but no..it just changes. Work has just had an added stress. And I've gotten in the mentality of just being done. I literally have so little time left there..One calendar month from today is my kid's last day at school. And then a couple days later will be my official last day at the school. I've worked at the same school since April of 2010. And I've been very spoiled there. I tell you what..one of the perks of working at the school district is the schedule. Where else do you get winter break, spring break, and all summer off? It's going to be a big mental change of going back to work year round. I have LOVED having the school schedule. But I know its time for a change. California's laws are different when it comes to working with kids..and I don't have all the necessary college credits it takes to be able to work in childcare down there..so it's forcing me to change really..

And I'm just getting ansty...I'm ready to pack up my life and start moving on...It's so hard to live in the now and the present..and yet still figure out how to get to where I want to be down there. It's the tightrope walk..and I just don't feel like I'm doing so hot at it right now..

And so I plod on...hi ho hi ho..it's back to work I go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.