Monday, February 27, 2012

What's your choice?

Why does choosing have to be so hard sometimes. I think a lot of life is just based on making choices. Like I could really choose to eat bread, cheese, or milk at any time in my life right now. And let me tell you life would be so much easier!! I seriously had some goldfish crackers staring me down in the face today. But I chose not to eat them. That's not taking me where I want to be. At some point in my life will I be able to eat those foods again? I hope so! I really do. I miss just grabbing a cheese stick because it's easy. Or gosh eating some ice cream. Or having a hamburger with a bun and ketchup. But I have to keep looking at the food that I eat and thinking if it is causing me more harm than good to my body. Because I am not going to put it into my body if it is doing that. You know?

But it really just makes for a lot more preparation. And sometimes that's just so hard! Like I didn't really have time yesterday to cook some chicken for my lunches at school. So I went to the deli, thinking I might save some time and money. Well the thick slices of chicken that I got ended up still being 12.00 which was more than the chicken breast that I could have bought to cook. Now the chicken isn't bad. But I still came home after a full day of church last night and had to cut up the chicken into cubes for my salad and cook my noodles to go into my salad.

The silly thing is, I do really well on a restrictive diet. At least on this one I have. Now have I had frozen yogurt a couple of times and some fritos and gluten free tortilla chips?Yeah. mashed potatoes, and french fries? You betcha. So I'm not necessarily cutting everything out like I probably should be. But I can tell when those foods are affecting my body. So I kinda have this sense of I must be doing something right!

So I ended up paying for my running two days in a row last week! LOL! My upper legs were so stiff and sore the next two days and I still haven't worked out at all since Friday. Today I had an excuse, I got my haircut for the wedding :) SHORT! And I love it! But I did it in place of a workout. Somehow I have to get my workouts to more than just the 3 days of running that I am doing. To lose 100 more pounds it's going to take a little more effort. And me telling people no, that I can't do things because I have to go workout. A little bit more than half hour a day. So I am kinda gearing myself up for that. I am going to hit it pretty hard after the wedding. I am so close to being on track for an average of 10 pounds a month. I just need to hit it a little harder, and I will have more success at it :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.