Thursday, February 23, 2012

Once again..

It was one of those days. I'm so glad it's "Friday" and the kids don't come tomorrow. I mean we only had them 3 days this week and two out of three were just crazy! But we seriously are on the downward stretch of school. June will be here before we know it and these next 3ish months will fly by.

So it was FINALLY nice enough to go outside for my run today :) So back to the track I went. I don't know what I am gonna do when the kids start track and take over the track after school. :) I kinda view it as a safe place to run, even if I am running around in circles. It's by a main road and it's not blocked and people can see me. Not like I am running between parks and you have no idea who is around. I know, crazy weird thoughts. But I think those things when I run by myself ya know?

Running outside is much easier than running on the treadmill. Except now I really need to figure out my running stride so I can enter it into my fitbit. Because once again today I crossed two miles as I was finishing up week 5 day 2 (although this day on the app was messed up), but when I got home my fitbit had recorded 2.65 miles. And that was before it fell off of my pants and sat on the ground for almost a whole lap around the track. I was slightly irritated. But very glad that I was at least in an enclosed area and I knew I would be able to find it. Those things cost 100.00 and I really don't have the money to buy a new one. I need new shoes first!

So at any rate the fitbit says my pace was around a 16 minute mile when in reality it was closer to a 20 minute mile which is normal for me. So I ended up running slower today than last week when I did it in the 37 minutes. It's just kind of weird to be running at different paces? You think I would run the same all the time right? I don't know. Just seems weird to me.

I did notice however, that after my run when I was stretching, it was much easier to lift my leg up behind me. I was pretty much touching my behind with the top of my shoe. Which was surprising to me that I could do that. I have been kind of watching my body change, and I think after an almost 20 pound loss, I can say that I am noticing some differences. Which is a big motivator to keep going for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.