Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Couch to 5K easy run?

I think somewhere I have crossed a line. I have gone from Oh I could never be a runner to Oh that was an easy 12 minute run. 

Um Hello?!?!?!?! Really?

I started week 6 of Couch to 5K today. A 5 minute warm up, 12 minute run, 3 minute walk, 12 minute run, and a 5 minute cool down.

I winced a bit right before the voice told me to start running and said a quick little Jesus Help me prayer. And took off. And I kept going, and going and going ;). And by the time he told me to stop I had run for 12 minutes. I wasn't breathing incredibly hard and it felt good. And I walked for 3 minutes turned around and started over. It was kinda crazy good.

I don't know what has come over me LOL!

I get to do this two more times this week and next week the 12 minute run increases to 3 times. We shall see how easy it becomes then. And the next week is the week I start to run 30 minutes at a time!

But at this point I am not really all that worried. I feel like I have looked the fear of running in the face and told it who was boss. (That would be me, by the way) I am no longer really afraid of running for weight loss, I actually enjoy it a little bit now. I am going to have to come up with some amazing playlist for when I just want to start running without the c25k program telling me when and when not to run. I mean by no means is my 5k going to get done in 30 minutes right now. But in 37 minutes I had done 2 miles and that's pretty stinking good for me!

I texted my friend after my run and told her of my "easy" 12 minutes runs.

It's official. I am a runner...

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.