Saturday, February 18, 2012

Couch to 5k week 4

Eeeeek! Ok you have no idea how excited I am about my run this morning. So good in fact that I am going to tell you. :) The only bummer of a thing was it was blowing wind about 15-20 miles an hour at times. I mean for real weather?!? Last week it was raining, this week it was windy..next week it better be sunny! Because I don't want to keep wearing all these layers LOL!

Back to the run...

I tend to hit the track on Saturdays so I don't have to invade my grandparents house so early. Well today it wasn't super early, it was close to 9:30. I did let myself sleep in a little today. I got up at 7:00..because well you know, that's sleeping in ;) I had been checking the weather and it said it was going to start being windy around 10-11, so I thought I was going to be safe going early but it was windy when I got up.So week 4 is walk for 5 minutes, run for 4, walk for one (repeat 5 times) and then walk for 5 to cool down. I can generally walk around the track once in 5 minutes, and I have noticed the last couple of times I can go a little farther. So I basically get half a mile done just by warming up and cooling down :)

So at any rate today I crossed two miles right as it was telling me I was done for the day! Meaning as I was running the four minutes I came pretty darn close to running around the track once. I actually did it the first time through, but the next four times I slowed down just a bit. But still today I went from running a 20 minute mile to running an 18 minute mile according to sparkpeople :) Which makes me a happy girl. Now I want to see what it is next week when I am running for 8 minutes at a time!

I still have to figure out my fitbit and my stride though. I know that I did 2 miles at the track because I went around 8 times. And when I got home to check out what the fitbit said I did it said I did two and a half. At a pace of a 14ish minute mile.Which would be all exciting, but I didn't do that LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.