Monday, February 6, 2012

Superbowl Sunday

Whoa, this is going to be a crazy week, I would just like to say that right now. I have a TON to do to get ready for the bridal shower at my house on Saturday. So most likely posting this week is going to be short and sweet. Or just short. But whatever the case may be, I will still make attempts to come in and update.

So yesterday was the Superbowl. The day where most everyone overeats. So if you count the 4-5 gluten free cookies that I made as overeating, then I suppose I did ;) So nope. I brought my own food to my meeting after church that also included some dinner for later with the game. But I also went to Winco and got that gluten free cake mix again and made sugar cookies with it. The group I made them for last time loved them, so this time I made them into snickerdoodles. ohmygosh. They were awesome! I added extra liquid to them so they wouldn't be so crumbly and it worked like a charm. 2 tsp of vanilla instead of one and 2 tsp water. Boom. Pretty dang good cookies :) I had to leave them there though. They tried to get me to bring them home. And I knew if I did that, I would have eaten the rest of them because I can. That's the thing about overeating. I can't stop at just one. I have to consume them until they are gone. So, I left the temptation at the party. I also ended up throwing some of my dinner away because I just wasn't hungry. That was a little weird but ok.

And I did notice that my stomach did hurt a little bit this morning when I woke up. But it could have been the fact that I have had a lot of beans in the last couple of days. I will continue to monitor it though. But I think I have done pretty well today. I almost have all my water in for the day.

And

I finally worked out on the bike this afternoon. oh geez. Why the heck did I attempt 30 minutes on the bike when I haven't done it in about 2 years. I thought I was going to die! Or my butt was gonna fall off...one of the two. I decided very quickly that I can't do any of the trainings yet, until I get myself more used to it. I can pedal and go and set my own levels...but I am nowhere near ready to be at a resistance 10 for crying out loud. I can barely pedal the bike LOL!. I know it will be good for me. But yeah. I probably should have started with 15 minutes instead. 6.5 miles in 30 minutes though? not too shabby :) I just need to adjust the seat a bit more and we will go from there.

But tomorrow starts week 3 of Couch to 5k. I am back up to 3 minutes of running and 2 minutes of walking. Whew. This time around I guess since I know what to expect, I am not freaking out about it too much. Last time I kept redo-ing the weeks. I guess it's a different concept when you know how far you can push your body. When I did it last year I just kept thinking I was going to die. And I was afraid to push myself into it. Now I know I can do it. So there really isn't a reason for me to redo the weeks. Now I might be changing that statement when it comes to jumping from the 4 minute run to the 8 minute run. But I also remember last time getting irritated with the program to where I just quit the program and started running miles until I got up to 3 miles. I kinda want to see it through this time. And if I do it in 8 weeks that would be kinda cool not to have to redo weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.