Friday, February 17, 2012

67 to go

Sometimes looking at the long term picture can be really hard don't you think? It just gets me thinking sometimes about how we fear things and don't do them. Sometimes it's because you think the effort to put into it is too great. That has so much to do with weight loss.

Like here's the deal. I am only 5'1. And at my highest I weighed 250 pounds. Making me severely obese. And to get to just an overweight BMI I would have to weigh 158 pounds. That's an almost 100 pound weight loss right there! And then to keep going to a healthy BMI I would have to get down to 132 pounds to be considered a "normal" BMI.

A 92 pound weight loss to still be considered overweight is kind of a daunting task. To do all that hard work and still be overweight. That's why it is so hard to look at the big picture sometimes. I mean it can make a task seem almost impossible. I know when I restarted this journey I was at 240, giving me a 10 pound advantage already ;) But to think right now I still have 26 pounds to go before I am under 200 pounds is kind of a challenging thought. That is most definitely my first goal.

Right now I'm just spouting out thoughts. I'm not really discouraged too much by all of this. I firmly believe that this is my year and I will be meeting my goals. I just need to make sure I am keeping some small goals in mind so the task doesn't seem so daunting to me. I know that if I average 10 pounds a month that I will lose the 120 pounds that I want to. I mean technically as long as I keep losing I am happy, and I believe that by the end of December this year that I will have lost at least 100 pounds.

And I greatly look forward to that day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.