Friday, February 10, 2012

Almost there

Whew. I can't believe that I am still up for one thing. Today I had to kick it into high cleaning gear because of the bridal shower tomorrow. It amazes me the things we can choose to focus on or not. Having a clean house has never been our strong point. I always have the highest intentions of getting it cleaned and organized and keeping it that way. Has that happened? Um nope. We joke that anything that has a flat surface deserves to have piles of stuff on it. We even have a counter from Hell in the kitchen. No joke. It was almost piled to the cupboard above it earlier this week. It usually has stuff that needs to go down to the basement on it.

So. Since I am such a last minute person, today was the day to clean the house. I mean like dust and vacuum and OMG mop the kitchen floor. I have dusted and swept and vacuumed and moped almost our entire main level of the house today. I am actually waiting for the kitchen to dry before I go put things away in there. I seriously can't remember the last time the kitchen was mopped. Yep. We are that bad good!

I didn't get an actual official workout today. I came home for work and did our monthly grocery shopping with my sister. AKA: Spend 2 hours in Walmart buying groceries for the month and then having to come home and put it all away. I think that is the worst part about grocery shopping. I hate putting it all away. I mean it literally takes me almost 45 minutes just to do that! And then almost immediately I started cleaning. Ok. I admit. I didn't clean the laundry room. But nobody needs to be going in there anyway right ;) I cleaned the living room, dining room, and kitchen tonight. It took me about 3.5 hours And I haven't even cleaned the half bath yet down on this level. I figure I will have to do that tomorrow along with my living room and then finish getting the decorations and games and food done. I really am only about half done. :(

But.

I have every intention of getting up and going for my run tomorrow. It looks like I will be doing it in the rain! I have decided that two days on a treadmill are entirely enough for me. And since I really don't want to be invading the Grandparent's house by 8:30ish tomorrow morning; I will be heading outside. And it has been cloudy and raining off and on all week. Really? Where is the sunshine? I am ready for it. C'mon Spring. Come back to the desert! Ok what the heck? I just checked the weather forecast for tomorrow. Rainy in the morning and a high of 50? For real? Too bad I have to go run in the morning since the Bridal Shower is at 3! Oh well.

Less than a month now until the wedding. I'm not losing the weight as fast as I would like to right now. But I am still losing, so that's at least a plus. I would love to be able to lose a good 20 pounds by then. But I just know realistically that's not going to happen. But 10 would be awesome too! And that might be achievable. Who knows. As long as I get consistent in my workouts besides the C25K, I should be able to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.