Thursday, March 1, 2012

I did what?

Oh my gosh. I still can't believe I actually did this, but when I got home from doing my C25K run today and checked out my stats on my fitbit, I realized I had done a 17 minute mile.

Ok, so that's like seriously taken about 3 minutes off of my mile!

I started at the 2 mile marker today, and started my 5 minute walk, and by the time I finished my first 12 minute run I had just touched the 3 mile marker. Yeah. I knew I was sooo close so I booked it right at the last two minutes of my run. And I can't really run all that fast. I was definitely a bit wheezy after the run today. So then after turning around after about halfway through my 3 minute walk, I made it back across the 2 mile marker with about a minute to go to the end of my 5 minute walk after my second run. So all in all it was about a 2.25 mile run in 38 minutes. Equals 17 minute mile :0)

And to top it all off it was windy. Not the 45 miles hour gusts like yesterday, but it was pushing me a bit. Which I am sure helped on the way back ;)

I continue to amaze myself with the things that I have been able to accomplish running. I didn't think I could do the program without repeating weeks, but I have. I didn't think I could run a mile that fast. But I DID. I don't even remember how fast I could run a mile. Probably because I didn't run. I always remember a 20 minute mile. But yeah. 17? Am I gonna run that fast every time? I don't know. It was a little on the uncomfortable side while running. But I'm sure it will get easier.

A while back I started on a list of reasons to lose weight. At the time it was 111 reasons because that's how much weight I needed to lose. Of course I haven't come up with that many yet. I think I have right around 40, so I need to get going on that again. Because who knows...maybe I have crossed some things off without even knowing it.

Oh yeah. And I need some goals for March! This upcoming week is going to be crazy. My friend gets married ONE WEEK from tomorrow. And I still have some stuff to do..so forgive me if I don't post a whole lot between now and then. I will of course still post my picture on Wednesday, but I am not making any promises of many other posts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.