Monday, March 12, 2012

A stay home day

Today was a stay home day :) As we like to call it, a day where I don't have to go to work or church :) I took today off of work because 1) we didn't have kids today. It's conference week, so they aren't there. And I had trade time I needed to use. Woo-hoo. I am glad I decided to use it all in one day so I could finally recover from the wedding. I was supposed to get up and get the boys ready for school, but one of them was sick, so my Mom ended up staying home too. Bonus! I got to sleep in! I stayed in bed until after 9. It was glorious :)

So after I ate and let my stomach settle for a while, I went and did my run that I had postponed from Saturday. It ended up starting to be quite windy, but that sort of worked to my advantage. Today was the last interval running that I get to do before I start the last week of just running for 30 minutes. So that means this week I am going to do 4 runs. And I have already mentally prepared myself that I won't be finishing 3 miles in 30 minutes, so I am ok with the drop in mileage :)

But today I finished 3 miles in 53 minutes! I had to look up on sparkpeople how long it took me to run my last 5k. It took me 58 minutes and 39 seconds. Now today I didn't do that last 10th of a mile, but hey. It wouldn't have taken me 5 minutes for sure! I am very impressed than in a year I have managed to cut off 5 minutes of running time. I was passing points earlier in my run today. I got to the spot to where I normally start running and had to walk a little farther before my run started. So I am even getting faster when I walk :) It averaged out to an 18 minute mile today. I was very excited. I had figured for sure I would be slower because of all the crap food I ate this weekend, but my friend who runs told me it was probably because I had more carbs and sugar in me :) So hey. I guess we will see what happens tomorrow when I start my last 3 runs of walking for 5 minutes and running for 30 and walking for 5.

3 more runs and I will have finished this program. Something to cross off of my list! Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.