Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Last week of Couch to 5k!

I started my last week of C25K today!! Day one of running for 30 minutes without stopping. Did I do a 5k? Nope. But I knew I wouldn't. I did do 2.35 miles with the warm up and cool down :) So that was kind of exciting. It means I am increasing my pace. I used to be able to do 2 miles in 40 minutes. Today it was .35 more. That makes me happy.

On a whim I decided to turn on another app that I had that was for tracking runs. Anyone use www.mapmyrun.com? I downloaded the app and turned it on right before I started to run and much to my surprise a voice came on every minute to tell me that I had run for a minute and how what my distance was and what my pace was and how fast I was running. I was a little irritated with the every minute part. Hopefully I switched it to every 5. But it was really cool to be able to use the GPS and figure out how far I was actually running. My fitbit doesn't tell me truly how far I've gone. Like today the app said 2.35 and the fitbit said almost 4 when I knew I hadn't run that far. So yeah. I will keep using it for sure to see how far I go. But the every minute thing was definitely a bit irritating.

BUT I RAN FOR 30 MINUTES!!!!!

Not that I am excited about that or anything. I have two more runs. Two more runs and I will have finished this program. I think I am more excited about actually starting and finishing it. Without really skipping anything. I didn't jump ahead, but I didn't repeat weeks either. It's an 8 week program and I will have finished it in 8 weeks. The only thing I had to do was reschedule one run. But I still will finish it in the allotted time. That makes me feel good.

So I am not too excited about tomorrows weigh in. The wedding this weekend threw me off badly. I didn't go overboard by any means, but I don't think my body is all that recovered. Like it's 8 and I really would love to be back in bed right now. I did manage to get 8 cups of water in today. So that's good. So I am not expecting a loss tomorrow. Considering this morning was an almost 2 pound gain. But I could be thoroughly surprised tomorrow! I wouldn't say no to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.