Saturday, March 10, 2012

Unexpected day of rest

The wedding festivities are behind me!! That was a crazy hectic beautiful day yesterday. But after an 18 hour day of getting ready and celebrating, I woke up this morning barely able to walk. I had worn flip flops all day yesterday. And that obviously was not a good choice. I was supposed to do my last day of couch to 5k training for the week and then do our monthly grocery shopping with my sister today.

I ended up going to bed after midnight, so I made myself stay in bed until right after 9 this morning. My sister was ready to go shopping at 10, so I very sadly got ready while still limping along. I took some ibuprofen and put on some real shoes and off we went. 6 stores in 5 hours. ohmygosh. I came home and put the groceries away and finally made my coffee for the day. I was out of syrup. That was one of our stops for today.

I ended up not doing my run for today. I was so exhausted that I knew I physically wouldn't be able to handle it. Plus it was windy again today. I really should have thought this week through a little more and got my run in earlier in the week. But I don't know when. It's not like I am not going to finish the program. It's only one day that I am pushing it out. I did want to finish it on time though and in the 8 weeks. I might be able to sneak it in tomorrow between all my church meetings. Sundays are very very full for me. But since we have to spring forward tonight I get to have more daylight to finish my runs up. Gosh dang it. I just looked at the weather for tomorrow and its supposed to be windy AGAIN. I am seriously tired of the wind...spring fever is hitting!!

So eating wise this weekend. I admit I did some cheating. Yesterday at the wedding I ate one snickerdoodle, and about 3 rice krispie treat hearts. And a couple of homemade mints. All things I probably shouldn't have had. But all in all, I'd say that wasn't bad for a wedding. But at dinner however. Which ended up being at oh, 11 last night. (I had breakfast...at Denny's). That goshdarn cheesecake was calling my name. So I indulged and had a piece. And it was yummy. My stomach did however not like me today. It was a bit gassier than normal and actually was hurting while I was doing some shopping. But that also could have been because I didn't eat a whole lot before we left. But I had a huge headache and stomachache when we got to walmart and I had to end up buying a hotdog from subway and eat it before we started shopping. I think I waited too long to eat :( Not good. And then just now, I caved and had a piece of cake from my grandpa's birthday yesterday. Small piece though. Didn't go completely overboard.

So it's back to eating good. I don't know how Wednesday's weigh in will go. I have not stepped on the scale in the last couple of days. I didn't want to look at the number because I knew that I haven't been eating normally. I have had a lot of salt, and not a lot of water. I will take a couple of days to get back into my normal eating routine again and then weigh myself. Why stress myself out when I know my day was off.

Oh I could probably fit my run in on monday if I can't tomorrow. I momentarily forgot I took it off! LOL! That might work. I could do that interval run. Then start my 30 mins of running on Tuesday. I guess I will see how it all plays out :)

I am going to attempt to go to bed early tonight since we have to spring forward an hour. I'm not excited about losing an hour of sleep on my crazy busy weekend. But it's not really my choice huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.