Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wednesday Weigh in Week 15

This is what happens when you don't get workouts in and you have to heck with it eating moments. I gained 1.8 pounds this week. And I am not surprised at all. I ate a lot of things last week that I shouldn't have. Ok. No really. I ate a lot last month that I shouldn't have. And it just is a proving point to me that these are foods that I should not be eating. And I do much better without them. So it's back to strictly not eating them. No more being lax about the rules. It's back to business.

I had what I considered a bad workout yesterday. It was the first time in almost a week and a half that I was able to go for a run. And by run I mean I ended up walking 2 miles instead of running 3. I was trying out my little belt thing that I have for holding keys and my phone while I run and it pretty much almost fell off, I had two dogs come running at me at the park. Both times I completely stopped running. And pretty much didn't start back up again. I could feel every bounce that was happening when I run. I just had this horrible mental block. There was a ton of people at the park since it's spring break and it was a beautiful day. I even got my first sunburn of the year ;0) I ended up doing 2 miles in 37 minutes. Which all in all isn't bad. That's still faster than what I usually do. But I think my shoes are shot. They are way past miles I believe. Which was another discouraging reason to quit running yesterday. I have new ones ordered at Runner's Soul, I am just waiting for them to come in.

This is the depressing part about weight loss. The part where you don't lose weight and you gain it instead. Where one cheat turns into almost a month of cheating, where you get yourself off track and it's hard mentally to get back on. Which is why it's a weight loss battle. I'm fighting for this. It won't always just come off two pounds a week easy at a time. It's gonna be a blood, sweat, and tears battle till December 31st and I weigh 100 pounds less than when I did on January 1st.

Because this is my year. This is the year that I will finish what I start. That is what I have said, and that is what I will do. No matter what my mind tries to deceive me into thinking. I refuse to believe the lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.