Sunday, April 22, 2012

Perspective

It's so funny how our minds can really mess things up. We always tend to look more at the negative of things. Like instead of saying Oh I've lost 25 pounds this year, It's Oh I have 95 more pounds to go. I mean c'mon. Really? Why can't I seem to wrap my head around the fact that hey, I've lost 25 pounds. I mean that's a really great accomplishment. But really all I want to do is go OMG! Look how much I still have to lose by December!! I'm feeling like it's crunch time already, and it's only April. Which I suppose could be a good thing considering I am generally such a last minute person that I wait until I absolutely need to do something. But you can't really do that with weight loss. You gotta take it day by day. When really. I am 1/4 of the way to my goal. Well of losing 100 pounds. I mean I really want to lose more than that. But I will settle for 100. Not by any means will I not be happy in December if I don't hit 100 pounds. But I will do everything I dang well have to to be at 140 or under by December 31.

Including running in 90 degree weather tomorrow. Yikes! I was looking at the weather for tomorrow. And realizing there is absolutely no way I will be running in my pants that have pockets. And I haven't been able to find any capris that have a pocket that will hold my phone. So I improvised. We have these passport belts laying around our house, and it pretty well happens to look just like the running belt that I have been looking at buying. I tried the phone in it tonight, and it should work :) I don't think it will fall off while I am running. But we shall see tomorrow :) It might just help me by putting off purchasing a belt at this moment.

I'm charging the garmin to take it out on my run tomorrow :) I read the tutorial that Katie sent out, and already changed my info and stuff. So I will be comparing the mapmyrun app and the garmin tomorrow. I just have to remember to pack everything! Geesh!

I got to go shopping with a friend who met one of her goal weights yesterday. We had a great time trying to create an outfit for her. We had originally started with a red outfit she had seem put together. (Kinda like the ones on Pinterest). Yeah we totally ended up with this green open shoulder shirt from the junior section. I was highly amused because as a friend I was able to say, No. You don't wear a large now, you wear a medium. Try the smaller shirt on. And it worked. She fit into the smaller sizes of course ;) I can't wait till it's my turn and she makes me try on some clothes that I normally would never. Although I don't think that's gonna be a problem with me :) I can't wait to get into the smaller much cuter clothes!

Whew. It's already feeling hot in my room. I better get to bed and get started on next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.