Saturday, April 21, 2012

It's here!!

I am so excited!! Katie's Garmin got here for me to try for a few weeks. Of course it came after my run this morning and right as I was walking out the door. So now I can't wait for my run on Monday to test it out. It's gonna be dangerous for sure as I already know I am probably going to want one. I will have to settle for my mapmyrun app for now ;) I'm pretty sure I am gonna use both of them and see how they compare.

I love Katie's blog by the way. She has lost 120 pounds and is maintaining it. She's so real, and crazy enough to send her Garmin across the country and even into Canada for absolute strangers to try. I read her blog every day :0)

So a funny thing happened on my run on Thursday :0) My app told me me average pace was 16:23. Um hello? Who am I? Running that fast. I was super excited that my 3 mile run was done in 49:14!! And it said my first mile was done in 15: 24. I mean did I break it? I really had no idea that I was even running that fast.

I honestly thought it was a fluke. 

Until I went running today.

I get back home and logged on. My app told me my average pace was 15:37 (!!!!) and that my 3 mile run was done in 46:55. And I even ran a mile in 15:00 even. Now for real. Once again, I didn't even think that I was running that fast. And today I even was running around the track at the middle school. (They were having a 5k race at the park I normally run at, a boat/rv/camping show at the second park I would have started at, and a pet adoption at my 3rd option. Keep my away. I will bring home an animal!! So the track it was.)

I'm really just quite shocked. I mean even from one run to the next, I seemed to have taken off almost 3 minutes. I mean, I know I have lost 25 pounds this year. And yeah. I have to keep telling myself that's a lot. But I have never been able to imagine running a 15 minute mile. I go back and forth over whether I want to maintain it for a while or just press on and try to keep running faster. I mean I know I did get some cross training in this week, but seriously. Does it help that fast? I don't know, LOL!

And since I'm being quite random in this post, I will just also tell you that I did 4 of my 6 planned workouts this week. I count this as quite a success :) I managed to run 2 times and do 2 other workouts. I'm happy that I was able to get some workouts besides running. It's nice to be able to work out at home sometimes too. Even if the bike killed me ;)

I think I will stop here for tonight. I have other thoughts swirling in my head, but I am going to keep those for tomorrow :)


1 comment:

  1. I love Katie's blog too! You're also an inspiration. I wish I could run that fast/far!

    ReplyDelete

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.