Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring Cleaning

Sometimes when we do spring cleaning I think we end up cleaning more than just a room. Maybe it's just me but when I clean I feel like I am cleaning the inside of me as well as the outside room. I have been in high cleaning gear this week since it's Spring Break. Now I haven't exactly gotten every single thing done that I wanted to. But I have done a lot. I have emptied and dusted and vacuumed and rearranged two rooms. (With help!!). And I seem to have it pretty surface-y cleaned. But it's the things with doors that close and drawers that close that get me every time. I have shoved things into my closets and buffet of things to look at later, to go through later. Mainly things I just don't have room for, or papers to put away. Things I just don't want to deal with right now. Or projects that I think will take a long time to finish. So I avoid starting them. Sound like anything in your life?

It's amazing how much lighter I feel when my room is cleaned and organized. It's like a never ending stress has been lifted. Although I know I still have a lot to organize and get rid of in my room, I feel like I have won part of the battle. This week I got rid of 4 pieces of furniture in my room. My full bed, the nightstand that goes with it, a filing cabinet, and a media cabinet. And my rooms seem so much bigger (especially going back to a twin bed), and I don't feel so stressed. Yeah, yeah, maybe I'm weird like that ;)

So I got my new shoes yesterday!! I'm very excited about this. I switched my shoes from the Brooks Ariel to the Brooks Addiction. And my feet were much happier on my run yesterday. I was able to run the entire time and that mental block that I felt the other day was gone. I also ran a different course on the trail at the park. So that might have helped too? It's less crowded I think.

I was looking at my mapmyrun app and it showed my splits on my miles. I was amused that my first two miles were exactly the same! And my third mile I was trying to make myself run faster. Just little bits. I ended up 40 seconds faster in the last mile. But I also ran a little bit longer and did a shorter cool down walk. Right under 53 minutes for 3 miles. Which is awesome for me! I'm pretty excited about that. I battle this feeling of thinking I am running too slow and then super excited that I have that fast of a mile. I'll settle for being happy.

I'm in serious mourning right now. I have to give up my coffee. It's becoming too much of an addiction, too much of an idol. And for me to be serious about my weight loss it has to go. I am really hoping that later down the line I might be able to start having it again. But right now I just don't know. So after my syrup is gone that I have, the leftover coffee is going to my friend and I am going to nicely tuck all my coffee stuff away and move on. Sometimes you just have to sacrifice some things to get where you want to be. Considering I haven't been drinking it that long I should be ok with it. But it definitely doesn't take too long to be building habits, and so hopefully it won't take too long to get it out of my system. I can't be where I want to be by doing the things I always do. 

Got on the scale this morning :) This isn't a new thing. I usually weigh myself every day, but won't officially change the ticker until Wednesdays. It was back down to the number I was at before the wedding at the beginning of March. Which means once again I weigh what I did when I graduated high school. Which is scary and sad all at the same time. But I can wake up every day and say I weigh less than what I did when I was 18. From now on it's I haven't weighed this little since high school. I can do this. Especially when I want to give up. And eat bread or sugar or keep having coffee. I don't want to be like this for the rest of my life. Always fighting the same battles. Slight little motivators to keep going and push through weeks like last week.

Spring always makes me think new beginnings :) And I am ready for one for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.