Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wednesday Weigh in Week 54

Whew! First weigh in of the year and....






It was a success :0) I have no idea how I did it, but I lost almost a pound. And I'm just gonna go with it. (And notice the pretty nails? Grandma took me and my sister out for pedicures yesterday. It was quite the grandma/granddaughter affair. I like the idea of a pedicure and I like how my feet feel. I just feel sorry for the person touching my feet :( Hopefully this year I will get my bad feet under control and will be able to enjoy maybe a monthly pedicure :) And I took full advantage of using my teal nail polish from Mary Kay! :0))

Anyways. I have done my darndest to avoid dairy since the beginning of the year (haha..2 days). I even said no to mac&cheese for dinner (!!) This saying no is going to take some getting used to. But it will happen. Now I just have to get rid of the dairy as much as I can permanently. I guess the eggs doesn't seem as hard. As long as I don't have a lot of things that have eggs in them I should be ok. And yes I do missed a good fried egg sandwich every now and then. But I want a healthy body! I'm pretty resigned to no peanuts by now. It's been 6 months. I guess I can't really say if I miss it or not? I'm gonna cave soon and get some almond butter. I am just gonna not care about price, because I do want to experience an almond butter and honey sandwich. I miss being able to just eat a sandwich quickly when I am hungry and need something to eat. I have been eating way too many ritz and graham crackers. I am not going to go completely gluten free here, but as much as I can I will be avoiding bread and breaded things. But I can't avoid everything sadly enough.

I need to start tracking my beef and headaches though. I've had some headaches and I can't tell if they are happening on the days I have beef or not. So I am gonna make sure that I start being more aware of the days that I do eat the beef and what happens later in the day. Because if that's the case I might as well stop eating it altogether. I have a feeling chicken and turkey are going to be my friend :)

Other than that, I spent today getting all the Christmas decorations put away. I have to head back to work on Monday, so it needed to get all done, plus I was ready to have the living room back to normal! As much as I would love to entertain the idea of just leaving the Christmas tree up all year! I think that would be fun one year to leave it up. You know, just as a conversation starter ;)

I am loving my garmin. It's fun to come home and upload my workoout! I am still trying to figure out the heart rate monitor though. The day I got it to work it told me my heart rate was 35 beats per minute..and I thought that was a little low LOL! Especially when I knew I was breathing harder than that. I do have to figure something out for the chafing however...I want to wear it and not have it rub me raw :/ I have done 3 workouts with it. And I love being able to go to my garmin connect site and check all the stuff out. 

I always seem to snap back into it during January. I just feel good about it this year :) I have a lot of things I would like to see happen. So I am just plugging away at it :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.