Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

2013. Wow. I for one am incredibly ready for a new year! I am ready for a fresh start for sure. The tale end of last year was just a tough one. And while I learned a lot about myself, I didn't quite accomplish my goals. It makes me rather hesitant to make goals for 2013, but I know if I don't have a goal that I won't accomplish much. I had a goal of losing 100 pounds last year and I lost 12. And I'm not going to let it take 10 more years to lose the 100+ pounds that I want to lose. So I know for sure the goal this year is to lose more than 12 pounds and keep it off :0) I know that I want to have some fitness and food goals this year. But I haven't figured out what. I know food wise my main goal this year is to actually quit eating all the foods that I am allergic to.Which sounds so easy to SAY. But not so easy to do. Cause gosh dang it. I really wanted an ice cream sundae at dinner tonight for my dessert. This no milk thing is for the birds. Or eggs. I have pretty much accepted the peanuts. Luckily I won't be going into shock if I eat them on accident. Well maybe after not eating them for almost 6 months I might. But I'm just not going to go down that route. I did have a few episodes of my throat closing up last year, but I couldn't pinpoint what it was.

So I had an idea of having a goal of running a 5k every month. But then I thought that was a little silly because after I get trained for Bloomsday I will be running more than that every time I go running. I'm still toying around with the idea. It would be interesting to see my time change over the year as I get faster. I might still do that.

I know I want to do Bloomsday in May. That's a 12k. And that's really all I have planned for this year. If something else presents itself this year that would be great :)

And I'm pretty sure I am ready for slightly warmer weather ;) Running when it's 34 and slightly snowing just isn't a whole lot of fun. But at least I still made it out there to run. Not that we are just getting into winter or anything, but I hope it stays a bit warmer for my runs. None of this 20 degree high stuff!

OH! I got a pedicure today. First time in almost a year. They hurt, but I think they might help. I might have to start doing them more often :( As much as I don't really have the money for them, I think they are going to be helpful to my feet during this whole training thing :)

Really rambling today..Not so direct with my goals, but I am going to give it some thought before I settle on them I think :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.