Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wednesday Weigh in Week 44

My oh my. Are we getting closer to the end of the year or what? My calendar tells me I only have 10 more weigh ins to go until the end of the year. My new goal is simple. To be under 200 pounds by then. I mean as long as I can manage 2 pounds a week I am basically there. If I have two 3 pound weeks I am golden :) This is where my last minute-ness starts to kick in and tell me to get moving. But I am moving :)






See? I manged to lose another pound :) I really don't know how? I'm thinking the apple cider vinegar pills might be helping. But at any rate! I'm taking it. So I have 23 pounds to go before the end of the year. That's a good mini goal.

I'm pretty sure when I came up with this Bloomsday goal that I wasn't thinking I would get sick right away. But here I am still sick :( I stayed home from work again today since I woke up hacking up my lung :( Needless to say the couch and my bed have been my friend today. As well as my neti pot. I think this sickness is the first time that I've actually seen liquid snot coming out of my nose. I mean it's quite amazing! TMI I know. But I'm certain it has helped me avoid a full on sinus infection. I don't quite know what's up with this cough. But it's gonna have to go!

Yesterday I started my Couch to 5k over. I was so sure I was going to be running in full on rain but by the time school ended it had cleared up a bit. It was still cold!! But rain clouds on one side of me and sunshine on the other. I had some sprinkles going on but I finished Day one! I surprisingly don't feel as out of shape as I was expecting to be. I think I'm gonna pick up pretty easily on it again. And hopefully fall into a good rhythm. I am however going to have to seriously be looking at ways to strengthen my knee. I never did do a good job at my physical therapy after my surgery when I tore my ACL/Meniscus. I don't have my full range of motion back. I don't know if it's possible. But I want to try. I need to feel like I can trust my knee and not think it's going to give out on me at any given time during my run. Any suggestions would be welcomed :0)

Today I cheated just a little in my workout. I know 3 days in and I think I'm cheating. I totally counted walking around Walmart doing my grocery shopping as my cardio for the day. But hey. I'm sick. And that was an outing! I walked around the store for almost an hour and had to put things in and take things out of the cart and car. Good grief! And then I did an arm workout video that I found on Sparkpeople's youtube page. I like that I can find a short (9 minutes!) video to watch to help me start toning up my arms. I'm not very consistent at strength training like I should. But that is one of the goals for this training plan is to add in strength. And it will probably increase as I go. I am actually weirdly looking forward to doing some yoga as one of my training days. I think it's going to help me gain some flexibility and take away some stress. And I know I'm not going to be able to do everything right away, but it will increase. And I'm only going to be doing it once a week anyway. So I am gonna start with a 20 minute thing I found on youtube. I'm impressed that Youtube has all these videos! Haha..it makes it easier to try things before purchasing them for sure!

But I have worked out for 3 days in a row! And that is helping me get back into the routine of things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.