Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wednesday weigh in week 32

                                                       
1 pound of fat!!


It might seem gross. But sometimes I just need a reminder. So I only lost 1 pound this week. But looking at that picture, it makes me grateful for my one pound :0)



So today I became one of "those" people. That decide to just go out and do a 5k without any sort of training. I had signed up on Sparkpeople to do a virtual 5k this week and I was trying to decide the best time to do it. Well the week doesn't really have any morning that I could go do it, and it's been hot around here, so I knew I would have to do it at night. I got to the track right as the sun was setting around 8:30 and proceeded to run/walk for the next hour. I was happy that my first official 5k time was 59:29. I was just excited that it was under an hour. Only 30 seconds shy...but still. Under an hour.

I haven't been running most of the summer. My wisdom teeth have gotten the best of me and I just have a hard time running in the heat. So yeah. I've used it as an excuse. I think the longest I've run recently is about 2 miles. Several. Weeks. Ago. So I lost track of how many times I actually ran around the track tonight. But I think I ran about 2 miles without stopping and then walked the rest. I always start out with a warm up lap, but I think I walked 3 laps at the end? So yeah. Still. I did it and that's all that matters. No matter how sore I will be tomorrow haha! I am supposed to go walking with a friend, so we will work out those sore muscles tomorrow :0)

This year and this summer have just downright escaped me. It's just gone by so so fast. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I wont be losing 100 pounds this year like my goal states. I mean if I got severely hardcore about this I could probably still swing it. But I absolutely don't want to set myself up to crash and burn. I have about 76 more pounds to go before I hit the 100 mark. I mean if I made about 3.5 pounds a week I could do it. I have basically lost all the weight that I regained after the wedding I was in. So I took a little detour I guess. I wasn't expecting to have to get my teeth out this year either. :( That was another detour. And this whole allergy thing has really thrown me for a loop. But I guess I can't really complain about losing 5 pounds in two weeks because of it right?

And so now we are gearing up to start school again at the end of the month. And getting ready for my mom to have another surgery. She's gonna be out 4-6 weeks. But I'm not gonna let it set me back like it did last time. I need to come up with a better plan of attack and get some workouts in still. Because really if I start working out, I will start losing weight. It's just what my body does. Oddly enough ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.