Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wednesday Weigh in Week 64

Well, something about getting my vitamins in has been helping me I think. I think I'm not as emotional blah. I lost around another pound again, and really all I have done is started the vitamins back up. I haven't even really been able to get 8 cups of water in a day. I can usually get around 4, so I know that I could improve in that area..but yeah. A pound is a pound I guess :0)

Today I made soup for me! Haha..I had a friend give me a total basic lentil soup recipe. Lentils, chicken broth, water and chicken in the crockpot. So super easy. And it didn't taste too bad. I mean looking at a bag of lentils I'm kind of wondering why I never ate them before? 10 grams of protein in 1/4 cup of dry lentils. Holy Moly! Here I am trying to figure out how to get protein in. Well ok. I need to find stuff to do with lentils for breakfast. I'm trying to figure out how to make a wrap with the soup I made. Because honestly I made it with too much water. So I drained it and ate it like a thick soup. I might change out some ham dices or a friend suggested chicken sausage, which I haven't tried. Although I do like sausage like Jimmy Dean sausage, I am realizing that I don't really care for the patties or links. Plus they are super high in fat. Not that I usually look at that, but when I'm looking at is as a main source of protein I guess I do now :) But I gotta figure out how long I can store lentils after they are cooked. And eat it up :) Yum. I can't wait to experiment with it.

Not too exciting around here. I am counting down the days until spring break :0) We had conferences this week which meant we didn't have kids. But then I also had to use my trade time this week. I actually ended up taking 18 hours off this week! So it was weird to have two days off and then go in late two days. Hopefully when the kids come back next week everyone will be all rested and cheerful again :) Like I said, we are counting down the days until spring break :0)


No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.