Friday, March 22, 2013

Back troubles...

And 4 days into to my two week workout challenge....

I am sitting here with an ice pack on my back. This morning as I leaned in to get something out of the freezer and tried to stand up. Well I couldn't stand up. My back locked up and has been in pain since. I can't sit, I can hobble at most, and I can stand but it's uncomfortable. I hate how this seems to happen when I get serious about working out. I'm wondering if it's BECAUSE of some of the strength training workouts that I have just started doing. Maybe I'm doing them wrong? Or maybe it was the 38 "squats" I did in a minute yesterday at a work training that we were pretending to be like kids and see how long a minute was? We were sitting down and standing up from our chairs. Yeah. I'm pretty sure that was a squat. At any rate. I'm injured. 3 workouts and 4 days into my plan.

This wasn't my plan.I was telling my co-worker the whole list of things that I had to do today. the bank, the store, the post office, and the ups store. Not to mention the things I have to do the rest of the weekend.

Rest just wasn't in my plan. But maybe that's God's funny little way of telling me it is in my plans. I guess some of the other things will have to wait. Someone else might have to go after the bread. The ups and post office will have to wait until Monday. Unless I'm feeling amazingly better tomorrow.

Maybe it's time for that book...maybe it's time for that sermon...maybe it's time to rest...

1 comment:

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.