Thursday, July 12, 2012

Let's just have a moment of silence for...

My peanut butter.

Oh geez.

So I got my allergy test results today, and let's just say I'm screwed a little shocked! I found out that I am severely allergic to peanuts, eggs, and garlic. And moderately allergic to milk and cottage cheese.

Um hello. These are things I eat on an almost daily basis. How can I have gone this far in life and not have reactions or whatever? It means yet again another revamping of my diet. Which needed to happen, but I really wasn't expecting to be allergic to these things at all. Well ok. Truth be told, I've been slowly figuring out the peanut allergy. I knew that if I went past a certain level of peanut butter that my throat would start to close up. That one kind of makes sense.

So gone is peanut butter, milk, ice cream, frozen yogurt, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, omelets, garlic bread. And other things that I'm not thinking of at 11 at night.

I mean I had a really great talk with Dr. Ginger. I love her. She spent an hour and a half with me, and would have talked with me more if she hadn't had another patient waiting for her. She didn't try to brush me off and answered all my questions. I just left going. Ok. Whereto from here. How do I once again, eliminate all these foods that I love? It's kinda funny that the things that I need to eliminate are the ones that I did earlier in the year when I was doing gluten free, sugar, free, yeast free, and dairy free. I have to admit, the eggs really surprised me. And the garlic.

We also talked a little bit about eating for your blood type. I'm pretty sure that my blood type is O. I mean I haven't checked and I don't really know how to, but that's what I seem to remember hearing a long time ago. This made total sense to me. O blood type people are supposed to avoid wheat. Which gave me the total Aha moment that I needed. I knew that gluten or wheat or bread or whatever you want to call it never sat well with me. It's no wonder that I felt so much greater when I wasn't eating it. It reacts to my blood weirdly. I'm not allergic to it. But I shouldn't be eating it either. So that's another thing still staying off the list. Now other grains I can have. Just not the wheat.

So that's where I am at. And in about 12 hours I will just be coming too from having my wisdom teeth taken out. Apparently this is the year that I will be taking care of more body issues than I thought. From teeth to allergies, I guess I really am finishing what I start.

Whether it was in the original plan or not :0)


No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.