Sunday, July 7, 2013

30 day Squat Challenge week One

Woo-hoo! Week one done for my squat challenge. I did *drum roll* 345 squats this week. I did them every day and even had a rest day. I like this because it's 3 days on 1 day off. It seems very manageable. But the weird thing is. After the 3rd day, my legs weren't sore any more. Um. Is that right? Does it only take that long? I'm either doing them completely wrong, or I'm doing some serious stretching right ;)

The good thing is I also did my Yoga stretching video every time I did the squats. First I was starting off doing it before, to get my legs warmed up before I did the squats. Then the last couple of days I have done it afterwards. But it's a nice addition I think to my challenge. Only 3 more weeks to go.

Yes I took my yoga mat to my friends' house when I went to Portland on a quick road trip. I did my squats and yoga in her living room! And I plan to do the same when I go to the coast next week. Going to be a little trickier to do it privately with 21 family members in the house. But I will find a dark corner somewhere ;)

I had a somewhat little non-scale victory this week :) I think for the first time in my life, I walked away from homemade ice cream on the 4th of July. In fact I wasn't overly "horrible" with my eating that day. All in all I ended up with 12 cups of water, a shaved ice, and 2 homemade coffees--meaning no milk :) Well and food too. But I didn't overeat while I was eating. And truly the only reason I walked away from the ice cream was because I wanted to be at home before the fireworks show started. Because the fireworks show in my new town just happens to be right up the street, all I had to do was go stand in my backyard. Perfect view. Kinda nice ;)

So here's to week 2 of the challenge. 415 squats this week. Sounds kinda scary when I look at it that way! Haha..I just realized it makes no sense for me to get to 200 squats the first time and then not keep doing them for a week. Maybe I will have to add a week of 200 a day challenge just to keep it up!

Have you ever done any crazy challenges?

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.