Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wednesday Weigh in Week 61

I'm telling you. These weeks just fly by. Here it is Wednesday again. I would love to say that I started over and lost a bazillion pounds and life is all better. But that didn't happen. Instead I got sick. So instead of enjoying my 3 day weekend. I spent it mostly in bed. Well at least on Monday it was. Saturday I spend shopping for a new mattress. The one I have is shot. All I feel is the springs when I lay down and wake up with an aching back. Conveniently President's Day weekend is a great weekend to buy mattresses. Let's see. I "saved" about 400.00 on a twin size mattress. Why on earth would I normally spend over 700.00 on a twin size without a sale? Um I wouldn't. Thankyouverymuch. But me and my credit card found a nice sale, and in a week and a half or so I should be sleeping so much better :) Much better than the air mattress that I have been sleeping on for the last few days.

This actually excites me. Maybe if I start sleeping better I will be more alert and awake and feel rested to actually be able to work out :) That would be an excellent theory I would think.

All in all it's been a quite PMS-y week. I don't normally say that out loud, but hey, I'm not gonna sit here and make excuses for why I gained weight this week. I have had lots of sodium and that times a-coming. 

Although this week's weigh scares me. I am 9 pounds away from what I weighed when I started this blog. So far I haven't found the motivating factor to stop the yo-yo trend and make it go down. You would think finding out my food allergies would do that. Nope. Or weddings. Well that worked for a bit last year. Hasn't quite worked this year. I haven't grasped "The Reason" to lose weight. I can pin and post all the inspirational things that I want and find. But something hasn't sunk deep inside yet. I just have me. And for some reason, me isn't worth it in my head enough. Because I know I have to do it for me. But I always seem to want an external factor. A goal. A reason. And I'm gonna need some more accountability. I mean let's be real here. I haven't worked out since I ran the 5k. And so that's been about 3 weeks. Yikes.

So now I'm getting over what little gunk I had. Its the weirdest thing. I just started having a sore throat on friday, and by Sunday my voice was completely gone. Nothing much else. I've been coughing, and I lost my voice. Thankful it's not the flu. But I kind of need a voice for my job. So here it Wednesday. I'm thinking I should go back to work tomorrow and friday. I should be able to handle a day and a half of work....


No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.