Friday, January 3, 2014

Cleaning out life..

Today was one of those days where I wanted to get so much more done than I actually did. I have had the last two weeks off for Christmas Break. Did I do much? Nope. I hardly even got out of my pajamas for most of it. My bed and I have been very friendly. I have taken the word break very literal. That's for sure.

And of course in my life when my room is a mess, I seem to be a mess. So a lot of times when I feel the need to clean out my life it always ends up being a spiritual cleaning as well as a physical one. But today I was focusing on the kitchen during the day. The counter and the stove have been driving me crazy, so I took everything off of the counter and wiped it off really good and put everything away. Then I attacked the stove. I mean took burners off, elements out and lifted the top up and cleaned underneath the stove part. I was scrubbing grease out of that thing for over an hour! It was crazy. But the stove looks much better now :) It was almost like spring cleaning..in the winter haha!

And then tonight I sorted through some of my clothes and finally started burning my cd's to my external hard drive so I can start getting rid of them. I now realize this is going to take forever! Oh my gosh. Of course tonight I had to figure out where I had left off. I started this process before we moved back in May, so it was time to restart. I got the ones burned that didn't want to work last time and then about 15 more..and it took me almost 2 hours. Yikes. I have somewhere around 350 cd's. So this is going to take a while. But I can't wait until it's done and I can make some space in my room and get rid of all the tubs holding cd cases. It kind of saddens me though. I love music. I loved buying cd's and reading all the cover art and stuff..and I don't get that when I buy them on Itunes. So it's not the same kind of feeling for me. I will more than likely have a better chance of listening to all my music when they finally all get on the drive. Click click and I am there :0)

Stayed dairy and gluten free again today. :0) But I'm hungry! I definitely need to get to the store and get some more food I can eat. I'm pretty limited right now because my family loves gluten and dairy. Of course. Breakfast still is a struggle for me. I just have no idea what to eat that early that is easy to prepare and healthy. And doesn't involve dairy, bread, or eggs. Shoot..let's just take away every breakfast item known to mankind and make it off limits for me. Thanks body.

Well I better be getting to bed. I am pretty determined to get to water aerobics at 9 am. Which is still earlier than I would like to be up on my last Saturday of break, but I put it on the workout calendar :) So that must mean I should go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.