Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wednesday Weigh in Week 52

Wow. A whole year. I always seem to end the year quite frustrated with myself because I never lose the weight that I wanted to. And this year is no different. Looking at a year, I managed to keep off 12.6 pounds. Which all in all I suppose is good. But I had lost 25. Blah Blah Blah. I try to not beat myself up mentally over it. So that's where the end of my year is at. ;) I have no idea why my body chooses to hold on to weight the way it does. Part of it could have been sodium. Because literally all week from Thursday to Tuesday my weight was 226.6. I mean that was almost down 3 pounds, and then it jumped back up a little bit this morning, but I had a lot of salt yesterday. And because I've been working on presents, and just having a lot to do this time of year, I haven't worked out since last Wednesday. I will definitely be getting back to that soon. I just have to get these presents made and wrapped :0) And the wind to stop. I will not be running in super crazy wind.



We are in high Christmas mode at my house! We barely got our tree up, I have no idea where our stockings are, and we are frantically trying to finish up all the presents we are making. It really amuses me when I tell people that we generally will make all of our gifts to our family. Like it's a totally crazy thing? Do you make your family their presents? I mean with my immediate family, it's usually a bought gift. But with my family that all gets together at my grandma's house on Christmas it's a homemade thing. And we are usually all like that. I have just accepted the fact that I live in a family of gift givers. Part of my family for years has tried to get us to draw names for gifts. It's just not gonna happen! Haha..We have got something pretty cool up our sleeves this year. But I'm not telling...5 more days to go!! I'm thinking Christmas might be one of the few days I actually make it to bed before midnight. If I don't go crashing a bit tonight. I still have one more part of a present that I need to get done tonight, and then I will be hitting the bed. And seeing if my body will even let me fall asleep before then.

We had a HUGE windstorm here on Monday in the very early hours. Our cities lost hundreds of trees. Like literally, we lost ours in the front yard, it fell over on my sisters car. Luckily it was a Willow, so the branches weren't all that heavy. It didn't come completely out of the ground, but the roots are tilted and exposed, meaning it's gonna have to be cut down :( And we had 3 houses across the street that all lost at least a tree apiece. One I think lost 3 or 4. So that was 6-8 trees just on my block. Several areas were without power for up to a day. We had 78 mph gusts where I live and the top of one of our mountains hit over 100 mph. It was crazy to lay there and "try" to sleep. At that point I was just praying that the tree right next to my bedroom didn't come crashing down on me! So it was a tiring day to say the least.

Question: Should I still keep track of my wednesday weigh in's next year like week 53, week 54? Or do you think that's a little much?

Have a very Merry Christmas. Enjoy your families, Enjoy the treats. Take the time to remember your ones that aren't with you, and make some new memories with the ones that are

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is some crazy wind!! We got it too, but not nearly that bad!

    Yes, you should keep track...it gives you a checking point for all your FUTURE weight loss! :)

    ReplyDelete

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.