Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Proof that Jesus loves me best ;)

1. It SNOWED today. Hey I live in a desert. And it doesn't snow a whole whole lot. I mean every few years we will get a massive storm that comes through that cancels school and sends the city in to chaos. But usually it will either snow in November and freak people out and then not snow again, or it waits until January to do it. So to actually have snow on Christmas was pretty sweet. It started around 10:30 and really hasn't stopped yet. And it's 6:30 now. But it's been a very light snow, because we have less than 2 inches on the ground. Doable for me :0) Especially since I am off for the next two weeks and don't have to drive anywhere.

2. Santa brought me a Garmin! I have to admit, I am reluctant to ask for expensive things. But I picked out a Forerunner 110. It was less than 200.00 on sale ;) I loved it when I tried out Katie's garmin when she sent it around across the country. But I don't think I'm every going to be all super crazy about running. So I don't need a ton of bells and whistles. I wanna check out the auto lap stuff and I don't think I can set it to do intervals..but I need to play around with it. It's much easier to check mileage on a garmin than it is on the mapmyrun app on my phone. But as to point number 1...it snowed meaning I won't be checking it out for a few more days. It does however give me waaaay more incentive to get back to my training for Bloomsday and to get back into a workout routine.

3. I got a new blow dryer. And shoes. And bedding. I mean this sounds kinda silly. But I love super practical gifts like those that I wouldn't be able to get for myself. It's the little things. I mean I got several other things too that I really enjoy. But these were things on my list (That I really didn't write down or anything, just in passing. Except the shoes. I specifically put those and the garmin on my pinterest board!)

I have to admit, it was a tear filled Christmas. We spent the last couple of weeks secretly working on "grandpa bears" that were made from my grandpa's shirts. We made 33 of those things for my family members that was a complete surprise. (Well except to Grandma). Right down to the last minute working on noses and stuff. We had made bears for the family when my Dad passed away in 2004. Someone decided it was a good idea again this year ;) And then my uncle separated all of my grandpa's train collection and made them into little sections for us. I know that as the years pass that his memory at Christmas will fade, but this year he left quite the impression :0)

I hope you had a very blessed Christmas! Over here we will be digging out of the little bit of snow and playing with all of our new toys. Probably won't have the best weigh in tomorrow, but I will face it like I should. I know for sure that next year I will not be pigging out like I did over the last two days. I'm pretty sure these stomach cramps that I've had all day are just a bit more proof that when I eat the foods I shouldn't be my body will be telling me that it's not ok :( Next year will be quite different!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.