Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wednesday weigh in Week 68

So as I was eating dinner last night, realizing that I was weighing in today I decided that it wasn't my most brilliant idea to eat so much sodium yesterday. And yep. Up on the scale. Go figure. Not surprised at all this morning...

So I am trying something new. It's called a soy latte. ;) I finally bought some soy milk to try to make a latte at home with it. I have tried just about every other kind of milk to try to make them with so I'm not drinking cows milk. I have just been rather hesitant about drinking soy. But I decided I was spending too much money (and calories) at the coffee shop and I just really needed to make my coffee at home again. Since I obviously haven't given it up. I did however go back to decaf. I have determined that too much caffeine will make my heart hurt. Like it's just tight. So I have switched to decaf. And hope that will help. Well lo and behold my first latte wasn't horrible. It didn't change the flavor of the drink too much. Not to mention it has less calories than milk but that was never really the issue. Except when I was buying an iced coffee at the coffee house and getting more than half a cup a day :0) But it still makes a decent cup of coffee for the girl allergic to milk. And now that I am making it at home again I will be saving a lot of calories. Good grief, I don't need all that syrup. Especially when I have good coffee ;) Like Stumptown. I have gone back down to about 3-4 teaspoons of syrup instead of 3-5 pumps. At any rate it works :) And maybe I will get used to it. I still don't think I would drink a cup of soy milk by itself..but for coffee...not the worst thing in the world.


1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've ever had soy milk, but I know for sure I have saved 100s of dollars making my own cappuccinos at home over the last 7 years that I've been doing it! Good for you in finding a new way to make it work for you!

    ReplyDelete

2014. A year without the scale defining who I am. A year of finishing what I start.